BONUS of $2,500 over first 12 months! (Apply for details)
ARRO is always eager to add new talent to our team of dedicated professionals, and we currently have a part-time opportunity for a PT Wastewater and/or Drinking Water Operator based out of York, Reading, Lancaster, Lebanon, and Allentown, PA.
(Note: PT positions are also available.)
Under general direction, operate and maintain treatment plant equipment to achieve a quality effluent; perform general maintenance tasks; respond to alarms; take corrective action to remedy condition; perform work requests from Director of Operations and Project Manager; assist Operator-in-Training in operational duties and lab sampling/testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Project Manager volume of sludge to be wasted; notify Plant Manager of situations that could prevent wasting requirements from being met.
- Coordinate decanting equipment operation with Plant Manager to facilitate the processing of sludge to meet plant operating requirement.
- Control and monitor decanting to assure that equipment and controls are operating properly, as well as efficiently and safely; assure proper maintenance of all Decanting equipment.
- Tour Treatment Plant to visually inspect all process equipment; check and verify proper operation of all monitoring, sampling and testing equipment; calibrate all sensors and monitoring equipment to assure proper operation.
- Monitor and respond to alarm system when computer operating system alerts to problem; take appropriate steps to correct and provide immediate update to Project Manager.
- Perform general maintenance duties on wastewater treatment facilities to meet individual contract requirements.
- Perform facilities maintenance duties; mop and broom floors, wash windows, clean bathrooms, wash or hose down equipment, clean Influent Wet Well, VLR, Anaerobic, Final Clarifiers, pits and tanks.
- Perform sampling and testing as required for NPDES permit discharge limitations or for maintaining proper operational parameters.
- Keep records of plant process; record measurements, readings and maintenance problems; communicate status of operation with Project Manager.
- Assist Operator-in-Training in performance of operational duties.
- As required under the Operators Certification Act, direct and oversee work of Operator-in-Training relative to any work that may affect Treatment Plant operations.
- Perform any other job duties that may be necessary and not included on this list as directed by Project Manager.
- Advanced knowledge of wastewater treatment plant operating standards.
- Advanced knowledge of safety standards and procedures in treatment plant environment.
- Advanced knowledge of department rules and procedures.*
- Advanced knowledge of NPDES permit standards required per plant.*
- Advanced knowledge of wastewater treatment plant computer-operated control systems.
* = items that are/can be developed during employment
- Ability to cooperate with coworkers on group tasks.
- Ability to adhere to safety standards and recognize warnings and hazards.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to organize tasks to meet appropriate time schedules required for sample collections.
- Ability to interface with computers and computer-controlled operating systems.
- Ability to lift light objects, up to 10 lbs. continuously; ability to lift medium objects, up to 25 lbs. frequently; ability to lift heavy objects, up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to demonstrate physical fitness, including standing and walking for long periods of time, frequently going up and down stairs and ladders, bending, reaching and lifting.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience that indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid PA Driver’s License, Class C (at time of hire).
- PA Wastewater Systems Operator Certification of the appropriate class and subclass for the Authority’s Treatment Plant facility (at time of hire).
- We are willing to work with an Operator In Training who is not yet licensed.
Working Conditions: Work is frequently performed alone and may be performed inside around noisy equipment or outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Work is performed around a variety of potentially hazardous mechanical and electrical equipment and occasionally around hazardous substances. Position requires inclusion on schedule for the rotation of on-call duty and working weekends.
ARRO offers a competitive compensation package including health benefits, vacation, a flexible work schedule, opportunities to work from home, and much more! If you are interested in moving your career forward and being part of our OUT-IN-FRONT culture, then please submit your resume via one of the following methods:
- Fill out the form below
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your resume to the attention of People & Culture, ARRO Consulting, Inc., 108 W. Airport Road, Lititz, PA 17543
No phone calls please.
ARRO is continually looking for qualified professionals to join our team. We strongly encourage anyone interested in expanding their professional horizons to forward us their resume.
Send Your Resume